Portsmouth Wildlife Control & Pest Animal Removal
In Norfolk County, VA
Trutech Wildlife Services
Please, no calls about DOG or CAT problems. Call animal services: (757) 397-6004
Contact - 757-777-9824
We service southeast Virginia, including the Norfolk, Suffolk, Ashland, Petersburg, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Newport News, and Hamton areas.
Trutech Wildlife Services provides professional wildlife control for both residential & commercial customers in the
city of Portsmouth in Virginia. We can handle almost any type of wild animal problem, from squirrels in the attic of a home, to bat removal and
control, raccoon removal, or Portsmouth snake removal. Our Virginia wildlife management pros provide a complete solution - including
the repair of animal damage, and wildlife waste cleanup. If you need to get rid of your pest animals with care and expertise, give Trutech Wildlife Services a call at 757-777-9824
There are many Portsmouth pest control companies, but most deal with extermination of insects. We deal strictly with wild animals, such as raccoon, skunk, opossum, and more.
Trutech Wildlife Services differs from the average Portsmouth exterminator business because we are licensed and insured experts, and deal only with animals. We are not merely
trappers, but full-services nuisance wildlife control operators, offering advanced solutions.
Portsmouth wildlife species include raccoons, opossums, squirrels, rats,
skunks several species of snakes and bats, and more. Many animals can cause
considerable damage to a house, not to mention contamination. We offer repairs of animal entry points and biohazard cleanup and we guarantee our work. Our Portsmouth
rodent (rat and mouse) control is superior to other pest management companies. All of our wildlife trapping is done in a humane manner. Of course, we are properly
Virginia state licensed. We are highly experienced in
Portsmouth raccoon removal, squirrel removal, bat control, and more.
We at Trutech Wildlife Services believe we are the best Portsmouth trappers of
wildlife, and would be happy to serve your Portsmouth bat removal or pigeon and bird control needs with a professional solution. Skunks, moles, and other animals
that can damage your lawn - we trap them all. Our professional pest management of wildlife and animals can solve all of your Portsmouth
critter removal needs. Our specialty is removal of animals in homes such as raccoons in the attic or squirrels in the attic. If you need Portsmouth pigeon control, Canada geese or other bird removal, we can help. We are experts with
skunk problems, digging animals such as armadillos, & groundhogs, and we offer Virginia dead animal removal. We trap mice and voles. We do home repairs, animal prevention,
and removal of critters from the attic, ceiling, basement, animal in the wall, and any part of a building. Give us a call at 757-777-9824 for a price quote and more information.
Remember, we at Trutech Wildlife Services run a wildlife removal company, and charge for our services. If you are searching for help with a dog or cat issue,
you need to call your local Norfolk County animal control or SPCA. They can assist you with problems such as a dangerous dog, stray cats, lost pets,
etc. There is no free service in Norfolk County that provides assistance with wild animals.
Norfolk County Animal Services, VA:
Portsmouth Wildlife Tip:
Should I ever poison a groundhog?
Poison is one option that people sometimes resort to in an effort to get rid of groundhogs. There are a variety of poisons in the market that can be used to effectively kill these animals.
One of the most popular methods used to poison groundhogs is fumigation. This is the process by which a gaseous pesticide, also referred to as a fumigant, is used within the area of a groundhog invasion to suffocate them.
Another popular poison in the market that is being used to kill groundhogs is the strychnine poison. This also works in a similar way as the fumigant by suffocating the groundhog.
Yellow bait crystals cause unnatural reactions in the groundhog's body when ingested, which in turn affect their system functioning, resulting in eventual death.
Factors to consider before using poison to kill groundhogs
1. Use of poison to kill groundhogs is inhumane. This is because by the time the groundhogs die, they suffer a great deal. They will have internal bleeding, experience loose muscle control, have convulsions, have painful sores by the mouth and nose, become blind and even suffocate, among other effects. Other than suffering, death does not usually occur instantly, which means that they feel these effects for days or even weeks before dying.
2. Some poisons are illegal to use; therefore, one needs to understand which one is allowed and which one is not.
3. The effectiveness of the poison depends on the type of poison being used. Find the right one first before application.
4. One of the major disadvantages of using poison in killing groundhogs is the fact that they are not animal specific. What this means is that despite the fact that the main targets are the groundhogs, chances are that other animals that are untargeted may fall victim of the poison. This may range from harmless other wild animals to domesticated ones—even your pet.
5. Poisoned groundhogs will result in a pile of dead bodies, and worst of all is when they start to rot and pollute the whole area. This makes it very uncomfortable to be around this place.
6. Another thing is the extra work of cleaning up the dead groundhogs to dispose of them. This is time consuming and becomes even more so when the groundhogs die in hidden places.
7. Not to mention that the poison being used is also lethal to human beings, which means that if it is not used carefully and correctly, health hazards may be unavoidable.
Considering the above factors, which are basically the disadvantages and side effects, it is highly recommended that you not use poison to kill groundhogs in order to avoid unnecessary casualties and cruelty to the animals.
Portsmouth, VA Animal News Clip:
No current news article at this time.
If you need Portsmouth raccoon removal, rat trapping, squirrel removal, or have any questions about a wildlife problem in Portsmouth, please give Trutech Wildlife Services a call at 757-777-9824, and we will listen to your problem, give you a price quote, and
schedule an appointment, usually same day or next day, to solve the problem.